Thursday 21 March 2013

Eastertime!







Well, today was my last day at university before Easter. Whilst this should be exciting, this signals the start of the preparation for the start of the next round of exams which fall in May. I've also got to pack, lovely. My dog is booked in at the vets on Sunday so I'll probably update with how that goes. Shes my practice dog, and I was listening to her heart and I just want to get it checked out. As a cavalier cross, this is a big risk factor for congestive heart failure, and quite a lot of Cavaliers get heart murmers and end up on medication of some kind. Fingers crossed shes okay.

My wisdom tooth has been erupting, and has slight inflammation. This prompts me to want to write about teeth. In the meat inspection practical we did some ageing of teeth. Using sheep as a basis, the deciduous teeth are a bit white and smaller than the adult teeth. 2 incisors erupt when the sheep is one year old, and the next 2 erupt at two years old etc. Quite a useful fact to indicate how the sheep's teeth get worn down and a fact about herbivore teeth is that they are continuously erupting and wear down in the life span of the animal. That's about it for my blogging today.



How to age sheep document.
Mitral Valve disease in the Cavalier

No comments:

Post a Comment