Sunday 30 June 2013

New Beginnings

Hello, long time no see because I've not had internet for the past week or two! :). Been a bit hectic with all the clinical skills. Been learning some knot tying stuff, and the board above is an example of what we use, and its free from the ethicon people. The deeper suture knot is intra-abdominal, and we've been told that the two handed tie is the most commonly examined in my practical exams (rather than the deep hook abdominal tie. 

Need to sort a few things out over the next few days. I'm having driving refresher lessons as I've quite forgotten how to drive over the last year and a half of not driving, hopefully I can still remember how to do roundabouts and motorways for when I start my first clinical placements two weeks tomorrow- scary. 

Going to practice my knot tying and suture skills if I can over the next few weeks- using some basic needle holders and shoelaces. You don't need any fancy material to practice clinical skills at all. I've also got to sort out my house accommodation for next year and unpack everything- I have too much stuff -.-. I also get exam results tomorrow. Feeling okay about it. Dog has her vaccinations on Friday- trying to just go onto the three year schedule rather than every year like my old vets used to do. Its been proven to be much better as a vaccination schedule. 

Will write more interesting things as I go on. I'm also trying to refresh all my old anatomy- I've fogotten limbs so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment