Monday 10 June 2013

Clinical School- day 1!


Very excited to have started the clinical theory course today. Feels like everything is finally fitting together for me :). 

Started off with an introductory lecture- all exciting stuff as to how everything fits together. We then had two interesting lecture on the basic clinical exam of the dog and cat- systems approaches seemed the best way although there was a bit to remember and some things I guess could easily be missed. One thing I learned- it's better to look for something than not look and regret it later :). 

We then had a further lecture on the different administration methods of injections for farm animals. Whilst this may seem something simple, its actually not! There are different sized needles used for different volumes and situations- will save me from looking like a fool hopefully on my farm animal rotations. Can also be asked in something called osces????not quite sure what these are yet but maybe they fit in to some sort of practical exam???

I then had my 'cow clinical exam' practical. I learnt a number of things- the importance of safety in crushes, how mean beef cows can be, and got to carry out various fun things- such as ACTUALLY USING MY STETHOSCOPE, putting a halter on a cow, listening for rumen sounds and other fun things in the basic clinical exam of the cow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment