Tuesday 21 January 2014

Update :)



I know, I know. My blog post is getting longer between times. Again, I blame this on my laptop as I don't know the login information offhand! Since I last posted, a few things.

Rally training with Pippa is progressing really well. She entered the clubs inter club match in December and came away winning her two classes! Little superstar :). She is doing well at the club and I'm really pleased with her, she picks up things so fast. I'm aiming to enter rally shows in april and may- local ones. The first one for her will be Anglesey. Hoping she can qualify up the rounds quickly! :). We shall see. Hopefully this will fit easily enough around rotations.

I did a bit of EMS at christmas, at the butchers :). Was really interesting to remind myself of the different bits of anatomy and also the significance and roots of public health. I've got some placements at the PDSA and at a laboratory coming up soon, which should be really interesting :). This is after exams in march. 

Exams, eurgh. Don't even get me started. You probably all realise how much I stress about this by now anyway haha. |Exams are about five and a half weeks away and I'm drowning in revision notes literally. I feel like I'll never have all the information in my head to walk out into practice in a year and a bit time and diagnose something that comes through the door! Scary times. Did a dentistry practical the other day which was really interesting, I have NO hand strength for extracting even the smallest incisor, took me 40 minutes for only one.. in addition to the elevator being a bit too big for my teeny hands (one of the cons of being quite small). I've got a whiteboard I'm using at the moment which has the novely effect- for the time being of course. 

I go to nottingham AVS congress this weekend, really excited. I've signed up for cardiac ultrasound practicals/abdominal and antimicrobial resistance. There is also a pub crawl and a ball, so that should be really fun :D. 

I really want to adopt another dog for a companion for Pippa- looking for a rescue cavalier once I graduate I think, something around the age of four/five so I can train it to do some obedience or rally which should be fun :). I do prefer girls but maybe I'd get a boy.

I've started watching criminal minds which I'll again quote as amazing, because it is! I really watch too many tv shows and I now have netflix.. which is not a good combination for exams! 



1 comment: